- Raising the Story: Menhaden Fishing
- In 2005, Beaufort Fisheries, the last menhaden factory in North Carolina, closed its doors. Many would think that would be the “end of the story” but not so … With the help of the NC Humanities Council and the hard work of many, the story – like t… View Exhibit Page
- Cape Lookout: The Connie Mason Collection
- Folklorist Connie Mason recorded interviews of Carteret County residents in 2010 with connections to the Cape Lookout National Seashore. Most of the people she interviewed are residents and natives of the Down East region of the county…. View Exhibit Page
- Coastal Voices: Linking Generations
- The collection consists of interviews conducted with Hatteras and Ocracoke residents between 1978 and 2004. Outer Banks Community Foundation provided funds to digitize the interviews.
Cover photo by Sol Libsohn, Standard Oil Collection, Univers… View Exhibit Page